A simple plate of protein, greens, fat, and carbs. Recommended for picky eaters who like plain foods.
This is a simple dish my girlfriend and I taught ourselves. It covers the four quadrants of protein, veggies, fat, and carbs.
This particular plate has long grain brown rice, pan-fried tofu, avocado toast w/ vegan cheddar cheese, and a mash of squash, carrots, and red potatoes.
RECIPE TO SERVE 2:
- Press a block of extra firm tofu. Do this by putting the tofu on one plate, then put another plate on top of it. Put a book on top of the top plate. A cookbook or one of the later Harry Potter books will do. Press for 40 minutes.
- Coat your rice cooker with Earth Balance vegan butter. Add half a cup of long grain brown rice, and one cup of rice. Start the rice cooker. After it's well heated, add another small amount of butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- After the tofu is pressed, drain the plate. Cover the tofu with a paper towel, then put into the microwave for 2.5 minutes. After this, slice into cubes and pan fry with a pan of vegan butter. And some more butter slices, then cover the pan. After it's heated, season with salt and pepper. Rotate all the cubes until they're browed to your satisfaction.
- Chop up two red or gold potatoes, one carrot, and two squash. Pan fry with a pan of vegan butter. After it's heated, season with salt and pepper.
- Take two slices of Dave's Killer Bread. Red label recommended. Cover one side of each slice with vegan cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese. Daiya recommended. Place in a toaster over and toast. After toasting, spread half an avocado on each slice. Season with salt and pepper.
The result is a delicious and filling plate. Because there's no acidic veggies or fancy seasonings, the taste doesn't any intense kick of any kind, making it a great plate for those who like plain tasting foods.
Submitted March 23, 2021 at 05:12AM by karmicbreath