Best Ever Bran Muffins
These Bran Muffins are super moist & fluffy and especially moreish! If you enjoy all-bran or bakes that are not super sweet I really recommend giving these a go. If you would like to see reference photo's to go alongside instructions check out Best Ever Bran Muffins | Sometimes Vegan
Also, use any cup or mug for measuring ingredients as it is only the proportions that matter for these muffins! This will make you 9 medium sized muffins or 6 jumbo sized.
- 1 cup of All-Bran
- 1 cup of Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar (alternately 1/4 Dark Brown Sugar and 1/4 Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup of Unsweetened milk of choice
- 1/4 cup of Oil (I used sunflower)
- 1/4 cup of Raisins
- 1/4 cup of Sultanas
- 1 cup of Walnuts
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Banana
- Handful of Sunflower Seeds
- To a bowl add your all-bran, unsweetened milk, oil, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix together thoroughly then leave to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime peel your carrots then grate finely. Once grated make sure to squeeze excess liquid out of your carrots to ensure they do not ruin your batter. Keep squeezing until they stop producing carrot juice.
- Add your carrots, sultanas, raisins and walnuts to your cake mix and stir in.
- Preheat oven to 215°C and line a muffin tin with 9 parchment muffin liners.
- Mash your banana.
- Add banana to cake mix and stir in. Lastly, add flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Spread batter evenly between your 9 muffin cases. Then top each with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 215°C then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 175°C. Bake for an additional 16-18 minutes. Test your muffins by poking the centre with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then they are done, if not return to oven.
- Once removed from the oven, give the muffins 5 minutes to cool in the muffin tin, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, enjoy!
Submitted April 30, 2021 at 01:01PM by DaphneVegan