Easy leek and bean detox soup
The two main ingredients are (not surprisingly) leeks and white beans, but there's also helpful detox assists from cauliflower and kale. Link to YT video also included if you'd like a demo as well as a few corny jokes: https://youtu.be/G5Bu_mmpqjE
Ingredients – 3 large leeks, white/light green portions only, sliced into rounds
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, diced
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 bay leaf
– Salt and fresh ground black peppercorn, to taste
– 2 cups frozen or fresh cauliflower
– 1 can white beans (any kind) drained and rinsed
– 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable stock
– 2 leaves of kale, center stems removed and leaves chopped
– Slice the white and light green parts of the leeks into rounds, dice one onion and 3 cloves garlic
– Preheat a soup pot on medium heat with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the leeks and onions, coat well with the olive oil and cook until the onions are translucent.
– Next add the garlic, cumin seeds, oregano, bay leaf, pepper and salt and stir again. Cook for a few more minutes.
– Add the frozen cauliflower and cook with the lid on for 7-8 minutes (less if frozen)
– Drain and rinse a can of white beans then add to the soup pot along with the 4 cups vegetable stock. Stir well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
– Add the kale, stir well and cook for a 3-4 minutes until wilted then fish out the bay leaf.
– Depending on the consistency you like, use either an immersion blender (for chunkier) or a full size blender in 2 batches (for smoother).
Submitted December 06, 2020 at 05:26PM by DadsDishes99