How can I make my favourite cookie recipe vegan?
This is my favourite cookie recipe and I want to make it for my vegan friend. I’m going to replace the butter with vegan margarine, but what can I swap in for the egg?
Sorry there’s no link. I got this recipe from my mom.
1 cup sugar
¾ cup butter softened
¼ cup molasses
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup sugar
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, margarine, molasses, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except ¼ cup sugar; mix well.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in ¼ cup sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes or until set. (Cookies will puff up then flatten during baking.)
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets; Cool completely.
Submitted March 08, 2021 at 12:24AM by TheMadeline