Vegan Avocado Burrito Bowl with Kale and Black Beans Recipe
Vegan Avocado Burrito Bowl with Kale and Black Beans
It is not a secret that most mexican style dishes are encompassed around several meats and dairy products, which is very much celebrated by the culture, but can be very frustrating to vegans that want to share the culture of a wide variety of mexican style flavors while having to use vegan friendly ingredients. This burrito bowl is here for all your worries as a vegan and will provide the same amount of umami flavors that you are desperately searching for in a mexican style dish. Enjoy this healthy, easy to prepare recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup of brown rice, rinced
¼ tsp of salt
Jalapeno and lime Kale:
1 handful of fresh, bushy kale
2 tbs of olive oil
1 chopped jalapeno (seeded if preferred)
¼ cup of lime juice
¼ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of cumin
Pico de gallo
1 minced large tomat
1 tbs of chopped cilantro
½ tbs of lime juice
2 cans of black beans (rinsed/drained)
⅓ cup of chopped red onion
3 cloves of minced garlic
¼ tsp of chilli powder
- Brown Rice: Bring a big pot of water to a boil, then dump in rinsed rice and boil for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain rice and return it to the pot with the heat off. Cover the rice and let it steam while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Kale salad: In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, chopped jalapenos, olive oil, salt, and cumin. Toss until everything is well incorporated.
- Pico de gallo: In a smaller bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Black beans: In a saucepan, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Chop onion and garlic until fragrant, then add the rinsed beans and chilli powder to the pan. Cook on medium heat until the beans are warm and softened, string every 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with generous portions of rice into each bowl, then add the kale salad, black bean mixture, and drizzle the pico de gallo over any part of the dish that you prefer.
Submitted April 21, 2021 at 07:29AM by Ok_Back_2346